Wednesday, May 13, 2015

6 calves born on one day

Here on the dairy we don't even average a calf a day.  Yea, sometimes in the early summer and fall we may get close to 20 calves per month.  So, it was an odd day a couple days ago when I had 4 calves already born by 4:30 in the morning.  A bull calf out of the best of the four, and three heifer calves.  I was thinking it was going to be a great day.  By 8:15 we had a bull calf born out of a jersey heifer & my odds were still pretty good.  Then a little past lunch time there was another bull calf born.  Six calves in one day.  When Addie, my daughter that feeds the youngest calves, came home from school & went to the barn she was in awe that we had as many calves born in one day as we usually get in a busy week. 
I need to get my hair cut badly.  The days have been full and I haven't taken the time to go see the lady who cuts my hair.  I am noticing it takes a lot more shampoo to wash my hair when it is this long.  I feel that I look like Marty Deeks (from NCIS Los Angeles) with the long hair, but my kids assure me that I don't--- yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment